Monday, April 24, 2006

People in Crowds

at a meeting point at the end of the marathon. There was a lady in the foreground all blurred. Very difficult to stop them walking past. I cloned her out. She was even covering up the people and the bottom of the left hand windows in the mansion underneath the London Eye. I didn't bother with any layering as I was trying to rush it I guess but I was so happy to find a new tool behind the healing brush called the patch tool. It was new to me and I just selected where I wanted it changed and you could slide along and the r/h windows came just in the right position. Magic really!!

5 comments:

Katie J said...

It is actually not very satisfying trying to take shots on these occasions as I was rushing taking pictures so that I did not lose track of how far I had got behind everyone else. It would be interesting to go up there on my own without any pressure. Also it was much easier last year when Ali ran on a lovely sunny day.
This year I upped the ISO to 640 and I still got some dark shots and very grainy. I used to think that all my shots where I had used a higher ISO were grainy. But after experimenting I actually find it is only when they are still too dark that they look grainy. If I can get the right exposure it is not so bad.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

A wonderful picture! I love the crowds and the background. I wish I could ahve seen this--how exciting! Too bad about the weather but it is really a nice shot!

Yes, I too have discovered that a higher ISO works fairly well if it is not dark.

I didn't know about the patch tool and don't really know how to use the healing brush either.

Katie J said...

The healing brush works more or less like the clone but it is kinder and blends more.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Sounds like something I need to learn about!!!! XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»