Friday, March 03, 2006

mutsy Billie


this is my sort of loyal companion. I went to a wedding shower one night 12 years ago. I had put down my spaniel mix dog the year before and decided I didn't want another dog, but I got home at 11 pm and there he was. When I got up the next morning he was still there and he hung around for 2 days until Friday. We gave him some dog food and water, and Sat. morning I went to work. My son was still living with me, and he went out with his friend and when he came home around noon, the dog was gone. So he assumed he had gone off home. He dorve onto the main street and saw 2 little kids walking him on a leash and said "oh, you found your dog", they said oh no our mother is the dog catcher and we are taking him home. Jason asked what would happen to the dog and they said "if no one claims him in 2 days he will be put down" and the rest is history..........

4 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I'm glad you saved him and I hope and imagine he's repaid you with lots of love. A dog can be a wonderful companion (and/or a pest and a lot of work! LOL!)

I used to raise dogs.

moo said...

He looks a lot of fun and very kind. I would love a dog but they are a lot of work. I love other people's dogs and get to meet many on my morning walk in the woods.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I have a grandpuppy, Mr. Rochester, that Ic an boirrow if I'm feeling doggy. I like most people's dogs, but will never have another one unless one adopts me and is persistent about it.

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»